Find job openings and jobs available now.

What qualifications are needed to be an Anesthesia Technician?

by tom44 on January 6, 2014

200 Companies Hiring Home Workers Now – Click Here
No Experience Necessary

Question by Om: What qualifications are needed to be an Anesthesia Technician?
I was wondering if there is an accredited certification needed for this position or could I get on the job training for it and certify at a later date? I live in Atlanta and was wondering if anyone knows of any hospitals that allow on the job training for positions such as this one? Medical professionals opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best answer:

Answer by Mecca Laran (2nd account)
It depends on what state you live in and what hospitals have on the job training. now i don’t know about how it goes on in Atlanta but find out which hospitals in your area have on the job Anesthesia Technician training. There are five accredited schools in the nation to become an Anesthesia Technician / Anesthesia Technologist. Once attending your shnool of choice you end up obtaining a 1 year Certification, 2 years Associate Degree in Science or Baccalaureate of Science Degree ( In Anesthesia Technology ).

Becoming an Anesthesia Technician prior to going to school to become a Anesthesiologist Assistant would be a great stepping stone in becoming an Anesthesiologist Assistant!

Every state has different regulations on what you “can” or “can’t” do as a Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia Technologist. Even though it’s in our scope of practice, the goal for the Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia Technologist is to be “Licensed” so that the Anesthesia Technician is
allowed to utilize learned skills at any hospital and in all patient care settings regardless in what state the Anesthesia Technician resides.

If you are seriously looking into becoming a Anesthesia Technician, place calls to several hospitals and try speaking to a Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia Technologist and find out how can you shadow them in their daily task in the O.R. as well as off site areas (Cath lab,MRI,Angio,GI,ICU,ER,etc.)

Make sure you pair up with a Anesthesia Technician or Anesthesia technologist preceptor with many years of experience who is ACLS/PALS Certified that can teach you about different “cardiac rhythms”, “medications”, and “shocking” a patient when in a “Code Blue” emergency.


Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Take back your privacy!

Are you currently Unemployed?
Learn insider tips to landing a Federal Job

How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job

Learn 4 Tips To Find Entry Level Jobs – Click Here

Share Button

Comments are closed.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Popups Powered By :
SEO Powered by Platinum SEO from Techblissonline