Find job openings and jobs available now.

What kinds of jobs can you get from studying criminal psychology?

by tom44 on June 14, 2013

200 Companies Hiring Home Workers Now – Click Here
No Experience Necessary

Question by isayzrwar: What kinds of jobs can you get from studying criminal psychology?
So what kinds of positions and jobs can you get if you want to go in to criminal psychology. Also, what kind of degrees and stuff do you need to get those kinds of jobs.
I probably want to get a Ph.D in psychology and then go into crimes and stuff with that.
Sorry if I am not being that clear, but I hope I get some answers!!!! 🙂

Best answer:

Answer by nhij
Parole officer?

Add your own answer in the comments!
Take back your privacy!

Are you currently Unemployed?
Learn insider tips to landing a Federal Job

How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job

Learn 4 Tips To Find Entry Level Jobs – Click Here

Share Button

3 thoughts on “What kinds of jobs can you get from studying criminal psychology?

  1. Little says:

    A bachelor or a masters is sufficient but what’s most important thing is experience not memorizing a bunch of theories. I guess you could get jobs on the federal, local and state level. Particularly in law enforcement, fbi, cia, and the dea.

  2. Psych helper says:

    If you are going to become a forensic psychologist ( criminal) You can have any degree. But, Ph.D is much better and easier to find a job with. You’ll help solve crimes. Not like searching for clues and searching on the body. You are going to speak with suspects and find out if they did it or not. And why did the crime

  3. d says:

    First, there is no field called criminal psychology. This is covered under Forensic Psychology or Investigative Psychology. Depending on what you want to do will dictate on what program you need to do. In order to become licensed as a psychologist, you will have to complete your doctorate in an applied field of psychology.

    There are many jobs including: correctional psychologist, therapist (licensed and unlicensed), forensic psychologist, crime analyst, program management, etc. Settings can include private practice, agency, institutional correctional setting- juvenile and adult, community based corrections- juvenile and adult, psychiatric hospitals, and courts.

    I would suggest completing a doctorate (PhD or PsyD) in clinical psychology, doing an APA approved internship in a correctional or forensic setting and then possibly completing a fellowship in forensic psychology.

    I know all this is kind of confusing, because it really depends on what you want to do and what area you are interested in.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Popups Powered By :
SEO Powered by Platinum SEO from Techblissonline