Find job openings and jobs available now.

Q&A: My fiancee is coming from the UK via chicago ohare what will she have to do once in atlanta?

by tom44 on March 15, 2013

200 Companies Hiring Home Workers Now – Click Here
No Experience Necessary

atlanta medical jobs
by SS&SS

Question by hakitty: My fiancee is coming from the UK via chicago ohare what will she have to do once in atlanta?
My fiancee is flying from the Uk to Chicago O’Hare, then on to Atlanta to meet me. What will they have to do once in Atlanta

Best answer:

Answer by John Z Wetmore
They will probably go through customs and immigration in Chicago, so they will just need to pick up their suitcase and go in Atlanta.

MARTA goes right to the airport, but I don’t know if it goes near where you are.

Give your answer to this question below!
Take back your privacy!

Are you currently Unemployed?
Learn insider tips to landing a Federal Job

How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job

Learn 4 Tips To Find Entry Level Jobs – Click Here

Share Button

2 thoughts on “Q&A: My fiancee is coming from the UK via chicago ohare what will she have to do once in atlanta?

  1. A Hunch says:

    in Atlanta, she will just get off the plane like a regular visitor.

    But if you LOVE your fiancee you will not do this to her. Why would you make her fly all the way to Ohare and then all the way to ATL. It’s not like you are in the middle of nowhere. Purchase her a direct flight on Delta… or at the very least give her a reasonable connection – Boston, NYC, DC, or Miami!!

  2. NOLA guy says:

    She will go through Immigration and passport control at her first-arrival airport in the USA. The flight from Chicago to Atlanta will be a domestic flight.

    Send this to her:

    Whatever airline you fly, join their frequent flier program unless you already belong to a partner program. You get benefits even if you don’t expect to be a frequent flier. For example:

    The TSA website does a good job of explaining the carry-on rules:

    Be standing in line for check-in at your departure airport not less than two (2) full hours before your flight is scheduled to depart, unless your airline recommends arriving earlier. Be at London/Heathrow at least three (3) full hours before departure.

    You should get boarding passes for both flights when you check-in at your departure airport unless you chose non-partner airlines for the trip (don’t do that in the future).

    You will clear Immigration (passport control) and Customs at your first-arrival city in the USA.

    You should get a US Customs form on the flight. It’s a simple form, but complete it before arrival:

    Once off the aircraft you go to passport control. US Immigration Officers ask the same questions as Immigration everywhere:

    What is the purpose of your trip?
    How long will you stay?
    Where will you stay?

    If you are traveling to the USA on the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA confirmation) having a return or onward ticket leaving North America is a requirement, so have a copy of your airline itinerary at passport control. If you are traveling on a Fiancee’ visa you don’t need the return ticket.

    If you are entering on the VWP don’t gush about visiting your fiance’ – until you are married you are legally ‘friends”. Gushing about visiting your fiance’ may cause the Immigration Officer to suspect you may overstay (remain in the USA illegally), which could result in you being denied entry.

    The Officer will stamp your Customs form and give it back to you.

    Once through passport control you collect your checked luggage (there are carts). Take it to the Customs checkpoint – the Officer there will almost certainly simply take your stamped form and wave you through.

    Interline Baggage is just past Customs and you give your checked luggage back to the airline at that point. You don’t have to “check-in” again unless you chose non-cooperating airlines (very rare) for the trip (don’t do that).

    Then follow the signs to the gate for your flight to Atlanta. If you go to a lounge or whatever you need to be at the gate for your onward flight not less than 30 minutes before your flight is scheduled to depart.

    There is no passport control or Customs when exiting the US.

    Finally, check with your health insurance to find out if it covers you in the USA. If yes then take proof of coverage with you. If no or not sure then get trip medical insurance, which is cheap and sold by airlines & travel agents. The USA has wonderful medical care but it isn’t free or even cheap. Please do not skimp on this as an otherwise-silly accident could turn into a crisis if you don’t have medical insurance.

    I hope you have a good trip!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Popups Powered By :
SEO Powered by Platinum SEO from Techblissonline