Find job openings and jobs available now.

I want to Move to Los Angeles?

by tom44 on May 8, 2014

200 Companies Hiring Home Workers Now – Click Here
No Experience Necessary

Question by TH4 BUS1N355: I want to Move to Los Angeles?
Well, currently i’m 17 living in montreal. I want to become a psychologist, the thing is that i want to move to los angeles aswell, but after i have finished my studies down here first. I was wondering what i could do in order to move to los angeles as soon as possible? I really feel as if i belong down there :S is it possible for me to get an internship and tell them that i would like to move to los angeles later on to pursue my career?

Best answer:

Answer by Peedlepup
Please scroll down the questions to the one titled “Why do non Americans think they can just come here with out a visa?”

To immigrate here you will need an immigration visa, and to legally work here you will also need a work visa. To get a work visa an American company MUST sponsor you because you have a job skill needed in the U.S. , and there aren’t enough qualified Americans to fill all the jobs. At the present time about the ONLY careers to qualify you for a work visa are Advanced Medicine, Engineering, or Computer Technology. Even if you could meet all the qualifications it will still take about 5 years to complete the process.Sorry. Change that college major to an advanced medical specialty and you’ll stand a better chance of your dream coming true.

What do you think? Answer below!
Take back your privacy!

Are you currently Unemployed?
Learn insider tips to landing a Federal Job

How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job

Learn 4 Tips To Find Entry Level Jobs – Click Here

Share Button

One thought on “I want to Move to Los Angeles?

  1. Chuckles says:

    You need to get your degree first.

    For a Canadian citizen to move to the USA, there is a backdoor system. Where you just go up to the border with a job offer letter from a US employer, pay US$ 56.00 and they stamp your passport and you are good for three years. And there is no limit to the number of times you can get a new visa for another three years. The catch is that you can only do this if you have a degree in certain fields. This is called “TN Status”. It is not really a visa and while on it you CANNOT apply for US immigration.

    For a list of eligible degrees and skills look at:

    If you indicate you are planning on a permanent stay, you will be denied entry. This is only for temporary work.

    If you want to stay in the US permanently the choice is not up to you but up to your employer. If they feel you are worth it, they can spend about $ 5,000 on you for an H-1B visa. This is good for 3 years and can be renewed once. However, once you are on H-1B visa, then the employer can apply for a green card for to allow you to stay in the US permanently and eventually become a citizen. This will cost them about $ 12,000 and takes from 3 to 10 years depending on your degree and the backlog. However, once you have been initially accepted, your H-1B will be extended indefinitely until the green card comes through.

    Myself, I moved to LA in 2001 on a TN, got my H-1B in 2005 and my green card priority date is May 2008.

    If you do not qualify for a TN visa, you will not be able to get any other kind of employment visa either as you will not pass the labor certification.

    Once you are good to go on a TN see for relocation information.

    The next most popular way to move to the US is to marry a US citizen. The US citizen has to be over 21 and making more than 125% of a poverty line income to sponsor you.

    You can become a famous entertainer and be sponsored by a US entertainment company. Like Celine Dion did.

    If you have a parent, brother, sister of child that are over 21 years old that are a US citizen, they can sponsor you.

    Canadians do not qualify for the diversity lottery or refugee status in the US.

    Also note that 180 days after you move to the USA, you lose your Canadian medical coverage and are at the mercy of the US private medical insurance industry. The thing to remember is that they cannot ask you about pre-existing conditions if you already have medical insurance. And your Canadian Medicare, until it expires, is considered valid prior insurance coverage. My point is that you must enroll in US medical insurance before your first 180 days in the US is over.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Popups Powered By :
SEO Powered by Platinum SEO from Techblissonline