Find job openings and jobs available now.

How do i file my taxes from a former job?

by tom44 on June 24, 2013

200 Companies Hiring Home Workers Now – Click Here
No Experience Necessary

Question by P S: How do i file my taxes from a former job?
I worked at a place called Pizarro in the memorial square mall in Houston tx, and I didn’t think I would get a w2 form. It showed up at the workplace and this was AFTER I had quit working there and MOVED. I called my former management office and they didn’t answer. What the hell

So, now I’m stuck in Oregon with no way of getting the forms. I need to get them. I don’t want legal issues running up my rear end because my former management office won’t answer my calls because they don’t feel like it.

Anyways, I need it. What should I do?!

Best answer:

Answer by Bobbie
Contact Your Local IRS Office

Taxpayer Assistance Centers
IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TAC) are your source for personal tax help when you believe your tax issue cannot be handled online or by phone, and you want face-to-face tax assistance. Taxpayer Assistance Centers are closed for all Federal Holidays. Please be advised that you may be asked to provide valid photo identification and a Taxpayer Identification Number, such as a Social Security Number, to receive services.
Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 05/17/2013

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Take back your privacy!

Are you currently Unemployed?
Learn insider tips to landing a Federal Job

How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job

Learn 4 Tips To Find Entry Level Jobs – Click Here

Share Button

6 thoughts on “How do i file my taxes from a former job?

  1. chatsplas says:

    Of course you would get a w-2
    Make written request for w-2
    Request wage and earnings transcript from IRS

  2. Pascal the Gambler says:

    Get them to mail it to you. Send a letter requesting it.

    Of course you would get a W2, they have to issue one. If you didn’t give them a forwarding address how would they send it to you?

  3. Quick Answers says:

    Since Texas doesn’t have a state income tax, the IRS copy will have everything you need.

    Use form 4506-T to order your wage and income statement from the IRS. Or call 1-800-829-1040 and ask for it.

  4. tro says:

    an employer cannot refuse to issue you a W-2
    it is possible one was sent to you at your old address and you failed to notify them of your new address, they would have received it back as being undeliverable
    you can request another, and sending a mail request might be your option, they might charge you for a duplicate and that is their right to do so

  5. Ms. Angel.. says:

    Call IRS at 1-800-829-0922 or 1-829-8374
    Or visit IRS website and use F4506 to request the wage information transcript *(W2)

    good luck,-

  6. StephenWeinstein says:

    1. You stop calling them.
    2. Without calling, you send a written letter by U.S. mail, with the proper postage, asking them to mail you the forms.
    3. If they mail you the forms, that solves your problem.
    4. If they still don’t send you the forms, then, without calling the company, you call only the IRS (not the company) and tell the IRS that you asked the company for the forms and did not get them. The IRS will either (a) make the company send you the forms, (b) send you a substitute form that you can use so that you don’t need the forms from the company, or (c) both.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Popups Powered By :
SEO Powered by Platinum SEO from Techblissonline