Find job openings and jobs available now.

How could I move to Las Vegas?

by tom44 on April 29, 2014

200 Companies Hiring Home Workers Now – Click Here
No Experience Necessary

Question by : How could I move to Las Vegas?
Im 17 and when I graduate from high school and College and become a massage therapist, I really would like to move to Vegas. It seems like such a fun and exciting place to live. I live in Canada, so how could I move there? I know I can’t just get a passport and pack my things and move to Vegas, I know there is much more I have to do. But I want to know what to expect and what I what forms I would have to fill out to move there. Im seriously considering moving there, so a serious answer would be appreciated

Best answer:

Answer by alaczameow
get a big van to fit all your stuff, and a map

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Take back your privacy!

Are you currently Unemployed?
Learn insider tips to landing a Federal Job

How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job

Learn 4 Tips To Find Entry Level Jobs – Click Here

Share Button

2 thoughts on “How could I move to Las Vegas?

  1. snowriver says:

    As of now we have the highest rate of unemployment in our nation, maybe by the time you are ready to relocate, things will be better, good luck.

  2. Chuckles says:

    No chance at all. You cannot qualify for a US visa without advanced skills needed for a TN visa. Add on to that the fact that Vegas has almost the highest unemployment in the USA.

    For a Canadian citizen to move to the USA, there is a backdoor system. Where you just go up to the border with a job offer letter from a US employer, pay US$ 56.00 and they stamp your passport and you are good for three years. And there is no limit to the number of times you can get a new visa for another three years. The catch is that you can only do this if you have a degree in certain fields. This is called “TN Status”. It is not really a visa and while on it you CANNOT apply for US permanent immigration.

    For a list of eligible degrees and skills look at:

    If you indicate you are planning on a permanent stay, you will be denied entry. This is only for temporary work.

    If you want to stay in the US permanently the choice is not up to you but up to your employer. If they feel you are worth it, they can spend about $ 5,000 on you for an H-1B visa. This is good for 3 years and can be renewed once. However, once you are on H-1B visa, then the employer can apply for a green card for to allow you to stay in the US permanently and eventually become a citizen. This will cost them about $ 12,000 and takes from 3 to 10 years depending on your degree and the backlog. However, once you have been initially accepted, your H-1B will be extended indefinitely until the green card comes through.

    Myself, I moved to LA in 2001 on a TN, got my H-1B in 2005 and my green card priority date is May 2008.

    If you do not qualify for a TN visa, you will not be able to get any other kind of employment visa either as you will not pass the labor certification.

    Once you are good to go on a TN see for relocation information.

    The next most popular way to move to the US is to marry a US citizen. The US citizen has to be over 21 and making more than 125% of a poverty line income to sponsor you.

    You can become a famous entertainer and be sponsored by a US entertainment company. Like Celine Dion did.

    If you have a parent, brother, sister of child that are over 21 years old that are a US citizen, they can sponsor you.

    Canadians do not qualify for the diversity lottery or refugee status in the US.

    Also note that 180 days after you move to the USA, you lose your Canadian medical coverage and are at the mercy of the US private medical insurance industry. The thing to remember is that they cannot ask you about pre-existing conditions if you already have medical insurance. And your Canadian Medicare, until it expires, is considered valid prior insurance coverage. My point is that you must enroll in US medical insurance before your first 180 days in the US is over.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Popups Powered By :
SEO Powered by Platinum SEO from Techblissonline